Spreads and Interpretations Feb 26, 2007 21:06:38 GMT -5
Post by KittyLane on Feb 26, 2007 21:06:38 GMT -5
Instructions for Sixteen Card Spread
1. Lay out the spread as diagrammed.
2. Begin the reading with Card Number 1. This card represents the primary concern and present situation.
3. Cards 2 and 3 should be read next. These cards give further information into the primary question. They also give insight into personality aspects, especially if one or both cards are Major Arcana cards.
4. Cards 14, 10, and 6 (in that order) should be read next. These cards give background information; how the situation evolved.
5. Cards 7, 11, and 15 (in that order) are read next. These cards show the influence of others on the situation.
6. Cards 4, 8, and 12 (in that order) are read next. They show the direction of progress in the situation. They should be read with reference to cards 7, 11, and 15.
The direction of progress towards change is indicated if at least two of the cards in set 7, 11, and 15 and two of the cards in set 4, 8, and 12 are Minor Arcana Cards. However, if more than one card in either set is a Major Arcana card, then the situationwill definitely progress in the direction shown. A majority of Major Arcana cards in these two sets symbolize that no alternative action may be taken.
7. Cards 13, 9, and 5 (in that order) are read next. These cards show alternate possibilities, if any.
NOTE: If the card set 4, 8, and 12, or the card set 7, 11, and 15 consist primarily of the Major Arcana, the card set 13, 9, and 5 will indicate how the outcome may be mitigated or assisted.