Flower Essences/General, Spiritual, Magical Feb 20, 2007 6:18:39 GMT -5
Post by Lady Anastasia on Feb 20, 2007 6:18:39 GMT -5
The flower essence qualities come under three main headings: general, spiritual, and magical.
Please note that these essences are not meant as a substitute for medical help.
- Alfalfa: Strengthens the root. Self-worth. Honouring and communicating your needs. Earthing.
- Aloe Vera: Soothes emotional pain, shock and emotional traumas, new or old.
- Apple: Develops the heart. Giving and receiving. Generosity, trust, magnetism.
- Artichoke: For feelings of weakness, helplessness, impotence and emotional exhaustion, after devastating experiences or long, drawn-out emotionally painful situations.
- Bramble: Teaches us to approach love with respect.
- Butterfly Orchid: For speaking one's own truth, rather than impressions picked up from others. Clears the psychic gate. Strengthens the tongue and spine.
- Chickweed: Being happy with yourself, so you don't need to seek approval from others, and do not attract 'draining' relationships.
- Comfrey: For letting go of the past, and flowing with new impulses.
- Cowslip: Strengthens the solar plexus and comforts and uplifts the emotions. For when you are feeling vulnerable.
- Cyclamen: For healing childhood deprivation.
- Dandelion: Centering. Understanding one's emotions and the cause of one's reactions. Helps release hatred and resentment.
- Date: Strength of character and vital energy to complete goals.
- Dock: Quiets and calms. Lessens the ego and fears around one's vulnerability.
- Figwort: Overcoming judgement towards matter. Loving material existence and seeing it as a vehicle for spirit.
- Fleabane: Provides the quiet vitality that allows one to build health. Gives immunity against parasites on many levels.
- Ground Ivy: For rebuilding when you have given out too much.
- Harebell: Faith in oneself and one's own judgement. Guards against giving away power and authority to others.
- Hedge Woundwort: For healing deep hurts and tapping a source of inner strength.
- Honesty: Maintains peace and beauty amongst stressful surroundings.
- Ivy: Patience, strength, stability, rooting. Links one to the Earth Mother.
- Jasmine: For finding peace, rest and recharging in the darkness. Overcomes fear of darkness, and judgement towards that which is dark in ourselves.
- Lily of the Valley: Safety, by enshrouding the negative tendencies of the subconscious mind that could draw in trouble.
- Madonna Lily: Opens one to joy, and releases all shame and judgement towards one's sexuality.
- Marigold: Vitality. A great catalyst in healing. For any difficult conditions which are taking much energy to heal.
- Navelwort: Security, safety, self-esteem. Heals the shock of the umbilical cord being cut too soon.
- Papaya: For those involved in therapy and self-discovery, Papaya helps assimilate experiences faster, and brings out memories and deep feelings.
- Rosemary: Brings clarity when there is great emotional stress, loss of trust or confusion.
- St John's Wort: Uplifts the emotional body, eases fears and nervousness, and aids calm, peaceful sleep. Good for nightmares.
- Snowdrop: New hope. Helps one deal with rejection by finding nourishment within.
- Solomon's Seal: For disappointment. Restores courage, hope and the will to live.
- Stonecrop: Becoming really still inside, so that you grow more easily.
- Sunflower: True enthusiasm and balanced masculinity. For disconnectedness to the feelings, stress and deprivation.
- Sycamore: Increased flow of life force. Fertility on all levels.
- Tansy: Causes you to look at yourself and examine your motives, while providing some protection against outside influences.
- Trefoil: Gives courage to shy, sensitive and nervous people. Also offers protection on the astral when breaking through into new dimensions.
- Wayfaring Tree: Cleansing and healing the sexual chakras.
Wild Rose: Bringing out the beauty of your wildness. Overcoming limited conditioning and beliefs. Love and appreciation of all life, including self.
- Yarrow: Strengthens the aura. Protection. Over-identification with other people's energy.
- Yellow Iris: Understanding commitment in its true sense, i.e. keeping one's vision, and working towards it with constancy.
- Yellow Poppy: Calms emotions and brings clarity of mind. Helps to memorise, synthesise and adapt.
- Arrowhead: Provides the urge to all spirituality, and realigns our dark urges.
- Blackthorn: Balancing beauty with power. Gives security in showing your inner beauty.
- Bluebell: Trust in the source of all abundance. Joy, spontaneity, connection to Pan.
- Cherry: Overcomes fear of death. Trust in what is beyond material life.
- Daffodil: Good for meditation. Enlivens the spirit, aids connection to one's higher self, and allows faster spiritual growth.
- Edelweiss: Opens the crown chakra and attunes us to the highest vibration we can reach. Brings trust in spirit, and helps us know our destiny and true will.
- Elder: Wisdom to rise above apparent opposites and encompass dualities. Overcomes judgement. Recognising the importance of all things, each in its own place.
- Laurel: Aspiration. Helps break through into higher dimensions.
- Oxtongue: Builds power and vitality within, while overcoming the urge to give it out too soon.
- Pyramidal Orchid: Develops a warrior spirit and urges us to follow our true will.
- Scarlet Pimpernel: Strengthens and nourishes the navel chakra and etheric body. Brings out resentments. Replenishes creative and sexual energy.
- Spearmint: Opens one to take joy in receiving.
- Spinach: Develops a higher octave of the heart chakra, to universal love. For growing out of repeated patterns.
- Stinking Hellebore: For breaking out of conditioning and outer pressures to conform, while maintaining a strong, loving heart. Freedom and individuality.
- Stinking Iris: Withdrawing for spiritual transformation and vision. Makes you unreachable to those who drain you.
- Thistle: Spiritual value. Trust in spirit. Maintaining one's spiritual integrity in spite of undermining company.
- Tree Mallow: Develops the spiritual heart chakra. Allows rapid growth through adversity.
- Water Lily: Provides a sense of space. For detachment, stability and safety, while providing inner nourishment.
- Wild Garlic: Enhances one's projections of power in such a way that they are able to put a stop to any negative energies in their environment.
- Wild Pansy: Develops a strong, loving warm heart. Heals traumas of love, and overcomes feelings of being undeserving.
- Black Tulip: Clears the third eye. Brings clarity, perception, vision, and originality.
- Black Hellebore: Re-establishes the barriers of the mind, and clears out invading energies from the mind.
- Cuckoo Pint: Protects the spirit from invading entities, and quickly rebuilds vital energy when it has been lost. A great ally in soul retrieval.
- Deadly Nightshade: Powerful third eye stimulant and psychic purge. Clears one from psychic interference. To be used as a single dose when required.
- Dittany of Crete: Attunes one to positive astral forces, and opens one to help from the spirit world.
- Early Purple Orchid: Makes one fully aware of one's desires, and one's ability to manifest those desires. Strengthens desire.
- Enchanter's Nightshade: Acts on the unconscious, so that you draw towards yourself that which you need, particularly spiritual needs.
- Four-Leafed Clover: The essence of magick. expands awareness into new dimensions. Aids connection to nature spirits.
- Five-Leafed Clover: The essence of the magical dynamic of fire. Will, direction, inner strength, purification. (Caution: this essence responds to your thoughts. Always take it with a clear intention in mind).
- Foxglove: Helps one let go of the material plane, of anxiety about one's material situation, or what is to come. Aids transition into other planes. Good for trance work, inner journeying, and astral projection.
- Henbane: For understanding death and exploring its realms. Prepares one for death initiations. Connecting with spirits of the dead.
- Houndstongue: Brings out hidden powers from the unconscious. releasing inhibitions and restricting dogma.
- Ivy-Leafed Toadflax: Breaks down inertia on the astral that builds up through desire for power.
- Larkspur: Strengthens and clears the aura, particularly the psychic gate. A good protection remedy, it produces a vibration that casts out psychic parasites and external forces.
- Lemon: Cleansing and renewal. Removes old, unwanted energies from the person.
- Mandrake: Connects one with that which is eternal and indestructible within them, and therefore builds confidence by overcoming the illusion of powerlessness.
- Marjoram: Restores power, will, and the knowledge of who you truly are.
- Mugwort: Gives control of the astral plane, and trust in the unseen. Helps creative visualisation and the positive use of dreams.
- Periwinkle: Prevents energy leakage and re-centres one after astral experiences. Focuses energy and prevents dissipation.
- Penny Royal: A powerful purifier. Activates the crown chakra, earths spiritual energies and unconditional love, and overcomes judgement.
- Thornapple: A very initiating essence that should be taken with clear motivation. Helps movement between different planes of consciousness. Breaks limitations in the mind. Seeing beyond life and death.
- Wolfsbane: Control of power, and of one's mind. Strengthens visualisation and will. Helps awaken latent psychic powers.
- Yellow Archangel: For understanding and accepting the balance of light and dark. Puts one in touch with hidden realms, and helps accept all that one may find in these planes.
- Viper's Bugloss: Understanding primordial powers, and helping them evolve. Helps with the stresses that are due to the emergence of unconscious forces.
- Wild Thyme: The essence of feminine power. Creativity, intuition, clairvoyance, and psychic power.
Please note that these essences are not meant as a substitute for medical help.