amethyst Mar 27, 2007 23:25:48 GMT -5
Post by tanath on Mar 27, 2007 23:25:48 GMT -5
Suggested Chakra: Third Eye
Color: Deep Dark Purple To Almost Clear With A Light Translucent Hue Of Purple
Release Addictions, Remember Dreams, Awaken 3rd Eye Chakra
Folklore & Uses:
- Amethyst is a quartz and a must have for completing a crystal collection.
- It is a good healing stone and helps one to release past hurts as well as release addictions or soften an addictive personality.
- Said to be the stone for Pisces, amethyst is a great dream stone to help you remember your dreams.
- I suggest combining it in a dream mojo with a Herkimer Diamond and some lavender under your pillow. You may want to begin a dream journal. Add a piece of aragonite if you are prone to nightmares.
- The purple color awakens your Third Eye Chakra and helps you to be more psychically aware. It is a good meditation stone and can help you break through to your guides.
- Amethyst the healer from antiquity, healing for the soul, body and mind, it has the universal vibration and enables the holder of the crystal to be connected to it. Can also be used to dispel anger, overcome addictions, gain patience, overcome nightmares, protection, breaking spells, dispelling negativity, and meditation. It is a stone of spirituality and contentment. Enhances one’s psychic and creative abilities.
tanath said:Amethyst Purple quartz used to ease stress and bring peace of mind. It also enhances psychic insight, greater acceptance and trust and offers attunement to feminine energies. Amethyst balances intellect with vitality and is also a good balancer for kidneys and the adrenal system. According to Greek legend, amethyst was created by Bacchus as he poured wine over a maiden mistakenly turned to stone. It has been known as the stone of sincerity. Amethyst can assist us to transform from one level of growth into another in various areas of our lives.
tanath said:Amethyst - spiritual awareness, dreaming, dispels nightmares, protection, known as the "sobriety stone", helps break bad habits
tanath said:Amethyst - The Stone of Spirituality
Amethyst is a member of the crystal quartz or silica group, which are the most common minerals on our planet.
Amethyst ranges in color from light lavender to dark purple. Violet Is the color of Spirituality.
Amethyst is a stone of the mind. It helps to bring calmness and clarity where there is anxiety and confusion. Wear Amethyst if you want to get in touch with your intuition, your feelings, or your values. Amethyst helps one learn of all things spiritual, mystic and psychic. Especially aids sobriety; alcohol, food, sex, and other addictions.
• Stress: It is very good for overworked, overstressed, or overwhelmed metal states because of it extreme calming mental effects. It is considered an extremely spiritual stone. In the Old Testament, it is written that Aaron, the Jewish High Priest, wore the amethyst in the center of his breastplate, and it was said to induce visions and revelations. Many people sleep with an Amethyst crystal under their pillow for this reason. The Catholic bishop still wears an Amethyst ring on the second finger of his right hand.
• Addictions: Amethyst comes from a Greek word, amethusos, meaning not drunk. There is a ancient myth about Bacchus turning a young maiden to stone, and in remorse, he poured wine on the statue, staining it purple and creating amethyst. Goblets of Amethyst were said to prevent the drinker from being overwhelmed by the drink’s spirit. Today those trying to overcome addictions, especially alcohol addiction, use the healing powers of Amethyst as an aid.
• Protection: Amethyst is a crystal of protection, because it repels more than it attracts.
• Spirituality: Amethyst fosters healing and selflessness, and is associated with increased nobility, spiritual awareness, meditation, balance, psychic abilities, inner peace, and positive transformation. Some say it should be called the Stone of Transformation. Known also as "Metamorphosis".
Amethyst effects are enhanced when combined with Rose Quartz. Amethyst calms the mind, while Rose Quartz soothes the heart and heals past emotional wounds. Together they balance Heart, Mind, and Soul. Clear Quartz crystal, (an energizer and amplifier ) will enhance the effects of both crystals.
Boosts productions of hormones, calms nervous system, insomnia, hearing, digestive tract, heart. Insomnia, headaches, hearing disorders, posture and skeletal system, stomach, skin, and teeth. As an elixir in the treatment of arthritis.
Cleanses, cleansing, purifies, restructures and renews. Fosters psychic abilities, spiritual awareness, contentment, peace, stability, serenity, forgiveness, tolerance
Over indulgence, grief, anger, guilt, fear, rage, confusion, impatience, and resentment, Insomnia, nightmares
Minister, Priest, Spiritual leaders, Counselors, Therapists,
meditation, , rehabilitation, stress,
Main Chakra: Crown
Vibrates to the number 3
Astrological Signs Pisces, Virgo, Aquarius, and Capricorn
Birthstone: February, June
Violet - Archangel Zadkiel is the Archangel of forgiveness, mercy, tolerance, and transmutation of negative energy and his color is violet. Helps you when you are stuck in negative emotions such as anger, hatred, and guilt.