What Sorcery Is & Is Not Apr 5, 2006 16:51:59 GMT -5
Post by Sojrn on Apr 5, 2006 16:51:59 GMT -5
"Magic of any kind should be respected and only worked with clear intent. This site does not guarantee success of any spell posted here, authorize or condone the use of any spell, and takes no responsibility for any spell posted here. The posting of spells is for information and discussion purposes only."
The following pretty much sums it up.
Sorcery is not a game. This is not fantasy role playing nor is it anything one should fool lightly with. To immerse oneself into the weave of the Universal Energy Matrix (UEM), or that which permeates the entire Macrocosm, is to some degree dangerous. Why? Because it is too easy to allow oneself to be caught up in the splendor of the moment and leave the body behind forever riding the weave of the UEM.
I akin this to those fools who try and succeed to Astral Travel without any prior experience in grounding, shielding or what-have-you. The truth be known now that most of the elder grimoires with their dire warnings and such were written to scare off these sorts of fools who would use the arts and forever be lost.
Another reason Sorcery is dangerous is that it is potent! One should beware that if you cast a Sorcerous spell, the UEM will deliver. Perhaps not precisely what you want but it will be delivered as asked for. Beware of asking for silly things like immortality, all knowing power or other such nonsense as these are vague requests which can be misinterpreted by Spiritual Entities who act on behalf of the UEM.
I used to believe that Sorcery wasn't about power. I was wrong. It is ALL about power! The power to shape and mold our own lives the way WE want them to be. The power to do something about an injustice when the courts are stifled. The power to live as we want too without having to fear those neighbors who choose a life of crime and violence. Yes Sorcery is all about power. Real power.
Many are the misinformed pseudo-Occult experts who bandy this term around with a sneer on their lips. Of course I have met many of these "holier-than-thou" types and when pressed, they will admit that they've never practiced Sorcery in any form. Where they come off making false presumptions about Sorcery is beyond me. Hopefully this webpage will go far to dispell these silly rumors and superstitious fears of hypocrisy.
Sorcerer's - for the most part - do not preach ethics, philosophy or try to guide you in anything other than what magical practice you can do to alleviate the stress of day to day living. For Sorcery acts upon the Material plane in a quick fashion and many times it cares not for what is in its path. This doesn't mean that to be a Sorcerer you must be uncaring about people. Those who do not care for their fellow human beings, to some extent, are soul-less husks that are a sham of the living! They are the true vampires.
Manipulating energy, foolish people, and nature is what Sorcery is about and I recommend my students make a study the arts of 'persuasion' as a tool that they can make use of. Why? The Sorcerers of old were quite adept at gaining what they wanted when dealing with other individuals. Manipulation of people is sometimes necessary as well but that is when there is no other solution that is apparent. Even though I'll discuss this later, I'll say that manipulation is a dangerous tool in that it is powerful and when discovered it was used, the victim will not only feel alienated but also despise the Sorcerer with vehement resentment.
Creating your phsyical reality for comfort so that you may work on advancing yourself "spiritually" is another positive aspect of Sorcery. How can one be mentally at peace with themselves when s/he knows that they're about to be evicted for back payments in rent, have their car repossessed, lost their job, have an angry neighbor harassing them, have some sick person stalking them, etc., ad infinitum?
Sorcery is about the helping for you to gain the following:
6. Personal Power
1. Peace - the calm in the environment around oneself. Though this environment is kinetic (i.e. constantly moving) and not stagnant, it can get "out-of-hand" now and then. Sorcery can help you to right those things which need to be righted to cause Peace again.
2. Prosperity - it is essential that one have a solid financial setting into which one can build upon for the practice of the Ars Magica. This includes affording a home where you can dedicate a room to your practices. Many Occultists overlook this necessity and these are the ones who claim adeptship yet can't even pay their own phone bill.
3. Success - pretty self-explanatory. This implies success in all areas of one's life and not just financial. The rituals of Uncrossing and Banishing are wonderful practices to engage in to aid you in greater Success as they remove harmful or malicious barriers to your successes.
4. Happiness - for one to be truly at peace with oneself, the individual should work at trying to be happy. This includes breaking any chains of bondage that may bind you as well as following your bliss (as Joseph Campbell would put it). Sorcery can help you to find out what you are "truly" Happy for and then once you know, it can also help you attain this Happiness.
5. Love - everyone needs love regardless of what the loners tell you. Acceptance into a community is based on trust and love. The opposite of Love, Hate, is a rare emotion and thank the Gods it is. For you to truly hate someone, you have to want to see that person die and this is very rare indeed. Whereas Love is in many forms from friendships to intimate relationships to the feelings we get for animals. There are many forms of Love and the competent Sorceer will truly see which aspect of Love s/he needs to deal with.
6. Personal Power - this is not power over others but walking among your fellows as a person of power. Don Juan talked about becoming a "man of power" and in like fashion, the Sorcerer is able to put on different aspects of personality to weather virtually any storm that comes. A powerful individual is normally one who simply acts, not reacts.
In Summary, these five things are the keys to unlock your potential that will far outdo anything you've ever dreamed of. It's doubtful that you will win the lotto, walk on the moon or explore deep beneath the ocean yet you will see that with learning to wield the powers of a Sorcerer, you can alter the environment around you to ease the emotional stresses of life thereby giving you something that not even the average person has the ability to do.
Brother Moloch 969
Copywrite March 2001